There is no other way I like to end one year and start another, than by kissing my very best friend. He truly is my rock. He knows me better than I know myself most days and I love the ride that we are on together! We're a pretty darn good team!
I mentioned I've done a lot of soul searching about friends recently. And although I do have many long time friends, some of my running friends who I have only known for the last 5 years, have become some of my absolute closest.

Spend 24 hours together in a van and you become VERY close. We live by the motto each year that what happens in the van, stays in the van. I love these ladies and look forward to anytime we can hit the pavement together.

Amy, in the blue, is the one who really supported me in taking the plunge to run in my first marathon. Both she and Marcella are two of my biggest support systems. They listen to me celebrate, they listen to me bitch and Marcella is the master of what to do when pain sets in! :) I am in awe of both of these ladies, as they are two of the strongest (physically and mentally) people that I know.
So in honor of 2012, it seemed like a good time to run 12 miles! I have my first week of Boston training under my belt and it was Sunday Long Run day. Diane and Becca were eager to go along with insanity, as they are both training for Eugene and hoping for PR's and BQ's!!! (Totally going to happen!) Diane and I have only met once, but I really enjoyed her company and look forward to running with her again soon!
We hashed out training plans when we got back.

Becca has become one of "those" friends. We don't ever get to spend time with each other but we email and "blog" together all of the time. I enjoyed visiting with her this summer while our kids were at soccer camp and then stalking her while she ran her first marathon! Since then, she has had a huge impact on me as a runner. You see, she cut and colored my hair. And while in that chair, she really got me thinking....I needed to be comfortable with me, my pace and my goals. I needed to look at other people and not be so hard on myself. Put things into perspective she said. And really, from that moment on, I did. I became more willing to comment on blogs, I dusted off my Garmin and I have been on more runs with people over the last month, than ever before.

While I gather from visiting with other people that Becca is just one of those people that you quickly bond with--I still feel SUPER lucky to have a kindred spirit like her in my life. I look forward to watching our friendship blossom and grow.
What a great way to start 2012! Bring it on!
Awe!! Ugly cry :)
ReplyDeleteoxoxox