I got tagged by Mission to (a)nother Marathon....my Boston buddy....Marlene. It's taken me forever to get this, but I'm excited to finally sit down and do it!
11 Random Things about Me
1. I have 2 tatoos and am planning on getting a 3rd...and even a 4th. Yes, I'm addicted. Number one was on my 30th birthday and may or may not have been influenced by alcohol. Number two is in honor of my friend Renee who lost her battle with cancer. Number three is going to be a continuation around my ankle. Number four is going to be on my forearm....yep...I want one word. Stay tuned.
2. I won a pink Cybex treadmill from our local YMCA two years ago. They were having a breast cancer awareness raffle and my mom & I were first in line to buy tickets. I only bought one. :)
3. I had breast reduction when I was 19. (TMI?) I don't know...I wouldn't be the runner I am today if I had those watermelons bouncing around!
4. Knock on wood...I have never broken a bone....and I really don't want to.
5. My sister and I didn't get along until we were adults. I can't imagine my life without her.
6. I love roller coasters, thrill rides and bunji jumping.
7. I speak spanish fluently and even taught 3rd grade in spanish for one year. I lived in Mexico while in college.
8. I have a secret desire to try a triathlon and to think about an ironman much later in my life.
9. I stop to poop and pee anywhere I must during a run. Love mother nature!
10. I have guilty pleasures...I love TV, I love computer, I love chocolate, I love chips, I love a good ol' meal from McD's. BUT...I know how to do all of those things in moderation.
11. Michael and I recently decided that we want to retire at Disneyworld and work there seasonally. We'll live in a decked out motor home, travel the country when we aren't working and bring our children and grandchildren there when we are working. Michael will drive a bus and I'll be a greeter!
And now the answers to Marlene's questions....
1. What is your favourite pair of non-running shoes? I am a barefoot girl. If I could go without shoes all the time, I would.
2. What are you wearing right now? My robe and nothin' else!
3. What would be the first thing you would do if you won the lottery? I would pay off my house.
4. Are you named after anyone? My full name is Paula Michelle. My mom's name is Paula Mae. My grandmother was Willie Mae. Yep. But the COOL part is that my husbands name is Paul Michael....he goes by Michael, just like I go by Michelle. We discovered this on our third date and it sealed the deal!
5. What is worse--being too cold or too hot? I HATE being cold! Give me heat any day...even on a run! I would rather overdress and sweat.
6. What is hanging on your walls at home? We recently bought artwork from Pier 1 and LOVE it. I feel all grown up. We have lots of family pictures hanging in the hallway.
7. What is the last thing you took a picture of? My kids and their new beds.
8. Who is the last person you spoke to on the phone? My husband.
9. Where did you go on vacation as a child? Lots of camping trips in our vw van. Summer vacations to my grandparents house in Texas.
10. What is your favorite TV show? That's tough because I'm a TV addict at night. But, I like reality TV, cooking shows, True Blood and Tosh.O. Yes...it's a wide range of tv viewing.
11. How many pieces of jewelry do you wear regularly? Two....my wedding ring, which I LOVE. I melted my original one and redesigned it two years ago. I also wear a necklace...either the one that my dad and husband gave me from my first marathon that says 26.2 and has the pearl and diamond penant that Michael gave me on our first anniversary OR I wear my silver necklace that says RUN, BELIEVE, 26.2
That was fun! Makes for an easy post too! And now I get to tag 11 people.
Becca (just do it and quit your bitching! get off the damn iPhone and do it on a computer!)
Carolyn (come on! just one time...do a runningish post!)
Claire (who I thoroughly enjoy her blog and humor!)
Jamie at RDM who has had quite the incredible journey over the last year
Stacie at Impossible is Nothing
Amy a fellow teacher and runner
AJH another teacher and runner, triathlete, cheering mom of an ironman
Robin who is not new to running, but new to blogging and is currently training for her first marathon with Team in Training in honor of her sister
Brooke my long time friend and high school partner in crime and a running momma
Shannon my dearest friend --college roommate, maid of honor, mom extrordinare and runner!
Suzy at The Runs--she has some crazy running adventures and man can the girl hula hoop
And anyone else who wants to join in!
So now you tell 11 random things about yourself and answer the following questions:
1. What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
2. What do you want to do when you retire?
3. How many siblings do you have?
4. What is your ideal job?
5. Do you play the lottery? Gamble?
6. What's your favorite beverage?
7. Toilet paper over the top or under?
8. Have you ever been arrested? Should you have been?
9. What time do you go to bed?
10. Do you have pets?
11.What's the last thing you ate?
Have fun!
Awesome answer/randoms! I want to redesign my rings as well. It is pretty beat up. I keep hoping my hubs will take the hint and initiate it..he is better than me at coming up with designs.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to take a pic....I love mine!
DeleteOh wow, this all makes me very anxious.
ReplyDeleteok ok. I'm on it! :)
Thanks for the tag! Love your retire in Disney plan--friends of my parents did that and they are SO HAPPY!
ReplyDeletethis is awesome! I am feeling like a slacker that I didn't tag anyone.
ReplyDeleteI think you are kind of my twin..I have a lot of your same loves and me and the want to retire in Disney as well. :) hope I get to see you in a few weeks. also waiting for the tatoo..reveal??
Ha I"m not a triathlete yet and I keep dreaming about it. It's waaaaaay too far ahead of it for this to continue.
ReplyDeleteWhen I retire I want to relax, travel, see my children wherever they are living....
The last thing I ate was a Fiber One bar.
When you are working at Disney I will come visit you. Awesome that both you and your husband want to do this.
Thanks for mentioning me sis! I love you too!
ReplyDelete