Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Training...

Training is a funny thing. It IS what it IS.
I like having the plan in front of me and I don't really like changing things up. Granted, I know that there are times I have to be flexible because of life, but for the most part, I let very little get in the way of the little box in front of me.
Today, I got 3 emails reminding me of upcoming meetings. The first place my brain went to is, "What's on the schedule for that day?" and "How will I fit it all in?".
Mornings are out. With Michael not going to bed until 3 a.m., it is just not right for me to wake him up at 4:30 or 5. Plus, I'm not in love with the morning run. I could, but I'm not.
I try to get my runs done right when we get home from school while the boys are chillaxin'. Then we go straight into chores, homework, dinner, showers, snacks and a little snuggle time. Meetings throw a monkey wrench in my plan. That being said, I make no bones about it that training is my top priority right now (after family, of course). So, I'm going to arrive late at one meeting because I have a previous appointment (with my training plan, but they don't need to know that). I'm going to run late one night, because I really have no alternative. And stay tuned for the 3rd one. I think I have a scratchy throat.
I DREAMED about intervals last night and it was all I could think about today. I was so excited by the time I was ready to start. It was only 5 measley intervals, but they were not as bad as I expected and I even stretched the last one out. I can't wait to do it again next week.
Boys are still loving their Kindle Fires. Doing great in school. And the whole family is being super supportive so far about training....ok, so we are only in week 2, but I'll take it!
And did I mention, my Garmin DIED???? I've tried everything. I'm going to buy a battery and if that doesn't work, then I'm calling Garmin. Wouldn't it figure that I finally embrace the damn thing and it goes and does THIS to me? Thank goodness for the trusty Timex!

5 comments:

  1. No, not RIP Garmin! Guess you might need a shiney new one for Bean Town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call Garmin before you buy a $79 battery, they are extremely helpful.... I have them on speed dial, and believe it or not, they haven't (so far) screened my calls and not picked up. I must call them every other week. My latest issue is though I live at 5700', Garmin seems to think I live at sea level. I've called them 3 times on this...I'll be calling them again tomorrow.

    Anyhoo....

    Happy to hear the family is on board with the training and that you are happily into week 2...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there's some sort of "reset" command you can try...it's on the Garmin website.

    Cool training widget!

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A manual reset has saved my dead garmin a few times - hold lap + mode for a few seconds. good luck!!

    I am supposed to be training for Boston now, but instead I'm laid up with a cold and sore throat. Sucks!!! :( Run a few more me, looks like I am starting a week late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Garmin died when it was only about 15 months old. I was SO MAD. It wasn't the battery. It sounded like the insides corroded. If you are handy, google "garmin corrosion" and there are posts about how to doctor it from home. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete