Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Truth Be Told...

This weekend, my second article for the newspaper came out. It was about Time and Balance. And the truth be told....I wasn't happy with it. There was a lot of fluff to it. I guess that when you live in a small town you worry about EVERYONE knowing everything, you worry about sounding negative, you want to be encouraging, blah, blah, blah. Which is funny because I AM an open person, but you only get what I want you to get.
I am going to preface all of this by saying that 90% of the time, I have the most loving, accommodating, helpful and supportive group of men under my roof! I look forward to spending time with them and being together, because I know that time is precious and going to fly. I love date nights, workout dates, and quiet time at night with my husband.
The fact of the matter is that time and balance for running is often the vein of my existence. I can not count on one hand the number of times that I have said to myself, "Hmmm, looks nice out. Think I'll lace up my shoes and go for a run." Life just doesn't work that way around this house. Running takes planning and creativity and resourcefulness. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty good at it and have just come to accept it for what it is. I don't have to list all of the responsibilities that we have and what we accomplish in a 24 hour time period. You all know. And, I feel lucky that we love to spend time together, because we don't get a lot of time because of our schedules. But I get VERY little time alone....those 30 minutes make a huge difference in my demeanor. And I look forward to my long runs on Sunday. They all try to be encouraging and happy about it, but I know they don't love it when wifey and mommy walks out the door...I do feel guilty most days. Having those kinds of feelings can also lead to feelings of resentment from these men...I think there are days when they would like to be able to produce the runner's high for me. Ahhhh....such a balancing act and I didn't do the article justice today. Oh well.
Better luck next time.
Didn't any of that make sense? O.k. I feel better getting it off my chest and I'm pretty glad THAT didn't go in the paper!

1 comment:

  1. Different venues for different vents. Don't over anyalize it. People can either take it or leave it, not your problem. I liked the article and I liked this post! Glad you got it out. Oxox

    ReplyDelete