It's amazing what a good run can do for the spirit.
While on my run today, I thought about the two love notes I've gotten from my kids this month.
Jacob said he loves me and won't forget me because I run a lot (sometimes even 26.2 miles), I clean (even though it only lasts for about 10 minutes) and I love him (and his negotiation skills, his long hair and his drawings scattered all over my kitchen counter).
Nicholas loves me because I help with his homework, I make him go to school, I help him remember his backpack, I tell him to clean his room, I give him cookies, I give him advice and I give him hugs.
It's a good thing they wrote those because we had quite a week last week! They tested my parenting skills, but I think we are all a little better because of it!
While on my run today, I thought about Sherry, the wife/mom/teacher/runner in Montana whos life was taken from her while out on her Saturday morning run. My anger flared and my pace quickened. I could hear myself telling a psycho, try as you might, if you attack me, I will kick you, spray you with pepper spray, stab you with my pocket knife and scream like there is no tomorrow.
While on my run today, I thought about my body. Last week, it was a wicked foot pain that forced two days off. This week, it was a sinus infection that forced two days off. But thankfully, my body fought back, recovered quickly and didn't have any major setbacks. I'll call that success.
While on my run today, I crafted my next post for the newspaper and in doing so, had some really incredible memories come back to me of some of the best advice I've gotten. I also thought about my run tomorrow with new friends who push my pace. While I've got my doubts about keeping up, I'm happy to be going and won't let that negative talk get in my way!
And cue the music, my GARMIN magically started working again. After numerous soft/hard resets, multiple plugging it in and out, taking it completely apart and cussing at it (a LOT), I finally gave in and called customer service. The guy listened to my saga and said, "Well, before we have you send it in, I'd just like to try one more thing. Would you please go plug it in." Damn if that freakin' watch didn't start right up! Bastard! But, I'm glad...sort of. :)
And now I'm resting with my hubby snoozing beside me for his afternoon nap and then we are off to run errands and hang with the boys!
That was a good run.
It's heartbreaking isn't it? No one should have to run with fear! Glad you're feeling better lady!
ReplyDelete**LOVE**your love notes, lucky girl!! Cherish those!
ReplyDeleteI was angry at that crazy stuff in Montana and very, very sad. Stay safe!
Sounds like one great run! Except for sad thoughts of Sherry and anger at what has happened to her. Let's all use this to be smarter and safer out there.
ReplyDeleteThose are great notes, I always take mental notes on a long run but then forget half of what I wanted to blog about - ha. Old age sucks ;). So very sad about Sherry...I know I'll be thinking of her at my race next weekend too!
ReplyDeleteNothing beats a good run. Glad it went so well.
ReplyDelete