Sunday, January 8, 2012

Evolution....

It's funny how things evolve. Don't worry, I'm not going to get political, religious OR "all knowing" on you.
But, I mean, this blog.
When I started, it was to follow my kids and "remember" those special moments. I wanted a way to share it with our family that is scattered across the U.S. It will always have that element to it because these kiddos rock my world!
Now I find myself at a crossroads. And I like it. I'm not going to make a choice. I'm going to continue chronicling all great things (and not so great things) about my kids. But I'm going to also embrace chronicling my running...another great thing (usually).
Today, I had a guest column posted in our local newspaper. My intent is to inspire other women to take the plunge....any plunge. Set a goal...little, big...but set it. I will do four more columns before Boston. I'll post today's article tonight or tomorrow.
So on day 98 until the Boson marathon I had a fabulous 10 mile run in beautiful weather and a pretty great pace that felt easy! I like that. My foot didn't hurt at all....makes me happy that I babied it for two days. I don't think my feet will see minimalist shoes for quite a while.
Blogging has opened up such a huge new world for me. I have "met" some amazing women who I can't wait to actually "meet" in person!
So hooray for a blog which will have a little of this and a little of that!

4 comments:

  1. That's how I felt about my blog last year--I was writing a teaching blog and suddenly I wanted to write about running...I knew I would never maintain TWO blogs, so I figured why not just write about both. I also write occasionally about being a vegetarian and other random life things--I guess I always think that my blog is about what I love, and I don't expect every reader to be interested in/read every post!

    Also, I gave you an award on my blog! Come over and grab it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog either way. Your kids are awesome and I love inspiring running stories:). Can't wait to read the article in the paper. So excited for you and love hearing your excitement whether on here or Facebook:). You inspire me to be thankful and choose happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The content here is just right - a little bit of everything. And a LOT of Boston. hehe.

    Can't wait to meet you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great! Kinda crazy huh to have virtual "friends". And you get to meet some of them in Boosssstooon! How freakin cool! Good for you putting yourself out there; well unless they are real weirdos like us. Haha

    ReplyDelete