I spend Saturday getting as much done as possible.
I eat a lot on Saturday night.
I decide which route to run.
I sleep restlessly, because I'm thinking about my run.
I start waking up at 3 a.m. thinking about my run.
If I don't head out the door by 8 a.m., I nervously walk around the house until I get kicked out.
I eat 1/2 english muffin with peanut butter and sliced banana and 1 cup of coffee....ALWAYS.
I pile all of my stuff on the counter until it is time to get "dressed".
I get nervous. It takes me almost 2-3 miles to settle into a groove.
Yesterday was no exception. It was windy. The first 7 miles were all up hill and windy, but after that, I just found my zone and lost myself in my run. It was wonderful. I came home with a big smile on my face.
16.54 miles DONE. And while it is just the first of many long runs, it really builds a sense of success in you to do something that BIG. Here's to more SLR's.
Wow awesome long run!!! Erica
ReplyDeleteSometimes I still get nervous like that... it's always a relief when you can finally settle in and just run your little heart out. Great work!
ReplyDeleteNicely done! You're so right: long runs are a big deal. But the satisfaction afterward is even bigger.
ReplyDeleteHooray for the first long run! I can't wait to read about them each week, so I hope you continue to post. Question though: I don't remember that town being very hilly? Or has my memory totally faded in the last 20+ years?
ReplyDeleteSweet run! I love when you fall into the zone and just forget that you are running. That simply breezing along outside in the world. Love it!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! So happy it went so well...those are the best runs!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very happy for you! :)
ReplyDelete