Thursday, March 29, 2012

RELENTLESS


Like many of you, I have dreamed of one of these bracelets for quite a while.

But I am one who LOVES quotes, phrases and thoughts. It is hard for me to choose just ONE word to inspire me. But, I know that in Boston I'm going to need every trick in the book.

So I decided to commit to a word. It wasn't easy.

Erin got me thinking with THIS blog post. I love her choice of STRENGTH and why she chose it.


Endorphin Warrior Bracelet has so many choices. I was torn.

I like PERSEVERE, but it was a little too cheesy.

I like STRENGTH, but it just doesn't "fit" me. Plus, Erin had it, so I didn't want to be a copycat!

I love BREATHE, because when my friend Renee was dying, she would always repeat, "Just Breathe". It represents such strength and courage to me, but it also makes my heart heavy. Whenever I hear the song "Just Breathe", it literally takes my breath away. Plus, I know enough smarty people, that if they saw that on my wrist, they might say, "Do you forget?"

Michael liked FOCUS, but I use that with my students all day long, so it is a little too teachery.


RELENTLESS caught my attention right from the start. I spent some time questioning it though. Sometimes I think RELENTLESS has a negative conotation to it. As in, you don't know when to stop. But the more I played it over in my mind, in running and being an athlete, that is a good thing. I'm going to need this bracelet most when I am at my lowest, weakest and most fearful. I need to find my relentless beast inside. I guess I do live my life that way too. I try not to be overbearing with people, but you better not get in my way because when I want something I go after it relentlessly. If you aren't "hearing" me, I am relentless in my pursuit to be understood...not agreed with, but "heard". I am relentless in my quest to be the best wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend I can be. I dig deep to find my strength, courage, perseverance and balance. Those I carry with me. But I need to find my fire and be reminded of it. RELENTLESS is that flame.

7 comments:

  1. I think "Relentless" is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been oggling over those bracelets for the past year--like you, it's been hard for me to choose a word! Love Relentless and what it means to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect. I've wanted one too, but knowing me, I'll never be able to settle on one word. Maybe I need to just go ahead and commit . . . I'll let you know what I come up with.

    And, FWIW, I don't consider "relentless" to have negative connotations at all (unless, of course, it's referring to the rain here in Seattle. Have mercy.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect choice! Saw this yesterday in the same post and now I am thinking about what one is best for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice choice! I love that one. I'd been dying for one for awhile and my lovely husband got me the "Persevere" one for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never seen these bracelets before, but they look industrial and I like that. Relentless is one of those positive/negative words, isn't it? You own it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought the cheesy "persevere" bracelet when this guy was at the Big Sur Marathon expo a few years ago :). I wore it for my first BQ race...but it rained the whole time and the leather stretched badly (I got just the narrow leather band), but it worked - haha. I like relentless, it suits you well!!!

    Can't wait for Boston for you, girl!! Can you send me your bib # so I can stalk you all day?!? Have a blast!!!!

    ReplyDelete