Saturday, March 17, 2012

Weird Place

I'm in a weird place.
My friend Becca posed the question, "What does it mean to listen to your body?".
This week I have a tornado in my brain and I think that question is part of the reason why. I'm trying to listen to my body and my brain and damn, if they can't come to an agreement!
I go round and round with all of these thoughts....
*I shouldn't run because it hurts
*I want to run
*why does it hurt...I got stabbed a LOT so that it wouldn't hurt....why is this taking so long?
*I want to run
*I know I'm going to finish Boston. It might not be pretty, but I'm going to have a good time and I WILL do it.
*I want to run
*how is swimming and biking going to get me 26.2 miles?
*I want to run
*jealousy about someone's journey makes people say mean things
*inspiring people to go outside their comfort zone is amazing
*I worked hard to get to Boston. I am working hard to complete Boston. There is no shame in either of those.
*I want to run......
Today I swam a mile. Tomorrow I bike hard for an hour with Ray. Monday....I want to run.

3 comments:

  1. Being injured can be a dark/tough place..I guess you just have to try to be stronger than it.
    I totally hear you on the jealousy thing..had a very bad experience with it recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you! This is NOT how you should be feeling right now. That being said, I also know you will finish and you will love every second of it, regardless. Trust me, cycling IS helping a lot more than you know. It took me a long time to figure that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So know where you're coming from. I have a place in the London Marathon on 22nd April, but have been out of running for 6 weeks now with posterior shin splints.

    I too have been cycling to keep fit, and aqua jogging (google it - ridiculous, but a great way to keep your running muscles working!) and have been despairing of making it to the start line. Last week managed 2 runs, one of 2 miles and one of 3 miles. Yesterday I ran for 5 miles, and suddenly I'm feeling more optimistic.

    Good luck - I'll be following your journey, sending healing vibes from the UK and wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete