I was under a dark cloud this weekend.....reading of all the "last 20 milers" and "let tapering begin" and the ever famous, "Only 4 weeks left until Boston". :)
I am happy for all of my friends...heck I am happy for me! I just had a down weekend, but I have come out ahead!
I am taking this journey day by day.
I am committed to only 4 days of running which will include one long run. I will NOT partake in a 20 miler. (I think I'm going to need to repeat that one to myself a few times) I will try to get in two 16 mile runs. I will continue to swim and bike once a week and go out to Ray's house on Sunday for the massive cardio workout on the spinners. I was wiped out this week after it and it felt great! I will completely rest on Saturdays.
So here is to my daily journey. One step at a time. I don't promise to be happy about this every day, but I will be content and peaceful about where I'm at and thankful that I am able to do this.
I am excited to continue with the cross training and love the changes I've seen already.
Here's to 3 weeks and 6 days until Boston!
I am not totally satisfied with how my training has turned out for Boston but it is what it is. Hopefully all the x-training works because my legs are not in the mood to run too much.
ReplyDeleteGreat attitude Michelle. I know it is hard, especially when running is your sanity saver most days. Take each day at a time and continue to be greatful that you are running Boston! That just rocks.
ReplyDeleteYou go, girl! A for attitude. I just hope this amazing weather holds. Over 80 degrees in Boston!?! Nice.
ReplyDeleteI think your plan is a good one to keep you strong and fit and INJURY FREE all the way to Hopkinton! Thinking of you and wishing you didn't have to spend your last few weeks like this, but I know it will all work out for you! {HUGS}
ReplyDelete