
I'm trying to remember that feeling and KNOW that I will feel it again. Hopefully on April 16th.
I've been a good girl. Swimming and cross training. But I know in my heart of hearts, they just aren't the workouts I need to get ready for a marathon. I need my legs back--without pain.
So they'd been feeling pretty darn good. I got on the treadmill yesterday for 2 miles. Yes, it sort of hurt, but not nearly as bad. This morning, I'm pretty stiff and sore. Don't like that feeling.
It's such a fine line right now. I guess after I go to the orthopedist/sports doc on the 13th I'll have a better idea of whether I'm going to push it hard on my legs until Boston or plop myself on a bike and in the pool until Boston.
No running today. I've got conferences anyway, so I'm just enjoying a quiet morning. I had thought that I would get 2 more runs in this week and then go 8 on Sunday. But I just don't see that happening safely. I need to make sure that I can invest at least 2 hours at the Y on Saturday and Sunday getting some "longer" workouts in and pushing my cardio.
This little angel of mine had his first middle school orientation yesterday.
He's ready. I'm not. I found myself teary as we sat there.
I've noticed such changes in him over the last 3 weeks. He is maturing. He is witty. He has a quick tongue. He is kind.
Sitting there yesterday, looking at all of those kids, it was hard to believe that he is headed there.
I love watching them grow up, but it really does go by SO fast!
He's ready. I'm not. I found myself teary as we sat there.
I've noticed such changes in him over the last 3 weeks. He is maturing. He is witty. He has a quick tongue. He is kind.
Sitting there yesterday, looking at all of those kids, it was hard to believe that he is headed there.
I love watching them grow up, but it really does go by SO fast!
Keeping fingers crossed for you that things continue ti improve so we can get you on the road again soon. Hang in there! You will get that feeling back!
ReplyDelete