Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Village 2011


I love that the boys are old enough to really "help" decorate for Christmas.
I know that these are memories they will remember with their own children. Today, the village went up and it always feels like Christmas once it is done.
This year, we broke the village into sections and the boys chose different sections to call their own. We did enjoy that they had to check with one another to see how they liked the other's work. They offered nice suggestions and flattering compliments. It was delightful.
Here is Jacob's city with the town hall on top.
It's hard to see, but on the bottom is a church. He told us that he was putting the Hershey's chocolate factory next door to it because it might help more people want to go to church!
Nicholas took care of the car lot, tree lot and bank. :)
He added the Irish Pub to the bottom row.
This is Jacob's neighborhood with a radio tower on top.
He also set up a little garage sale on the side.
The milk truck and barn dance are on the bottom.
This one isn't quite complete--we have some lights and snow to add.
Nicholas took the mountain retreat.
Tree swing, cabin and ice skating rink!
He added the snow and lights.
It was a great day being home together and decorating.
While mom and I set up the village with the boys, Michael got all the laundry done, vacuumed, mopped and cleaned bathrooms! (Talk about a HUGE gift! He is a big help normally, but this was fabulous to not do my normal weekend routine.)
After all that work, I got in a great run. The temps were great, my legs felt light and my tunes were hitting all the right songs. When I got home, Nicholas and I did our day of our 30-day shred. He and I both have a little belly we are trying to tone up! We are keeping track of it together. Stay tuned.
Tomorrow will be an early morning run with some of my favorite ladies up around the lake and then I think we are headed over to Costco for the day.
Happy Holidays to you!

1 comment:

  1. Your boys are ridiculously adorable! So bummed I missed the group run; next time! Oxox

    ReplyDelete