With so many challenges in the bloggy world to finish the year off strong, I decided to jump on the bandwagon with some strength training before I get into full-blown Boston training.
So, I got my partner in crime, Nicholas and we pinky promised to do the Jillian Michaels 30-day shred for the next 30 days!
We are recording our workout each day and we are going to "weigh" on Sundays. I'm not doing it to lose weight...I want to tone up. But it was important to Nicholas to monitor in some way, so I was all up for that. He is a BIG boy and I want him to be healthy in his life. My guess is that he's going to have to work at it, because like his mother, the kid loves to eat!
Thankfully, he's pretty willing to eat healthy things.
So we invaded the man cave and have added some weights, mats and moved the furniture (much to Michael's dismay!) Here's to completing day #3 strong! Only 27 more.
That's awesome! I love it when parents & kids workout together. I can't wait to hear how the next 4 weeks go.
ReplyDeleteI love the shred! I did it 2-3 times per week about a year ago, and I could feel myself getting stronger -- I loved it. I need to get back in the habit. Good luck! I like her "no more trouble zones" video a ton too
ReplyDeleteYou're going to love/hate it!!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you guys! What a great thing to have your son taking charge of his health, too. Start 'em young!!
ReplyDelete