
You know, the treadmill is a funny beast. There are days that it can only be called the "dreadmill" and it pains me to get out a simple run.
And then there are days like today when I get on it and
I just can't seem to make it go fast enough.
I have a lot on my mind--(don't we all). I turned the TV on and put my headphones in. (Nothing like adding to an already cluttered mind). And as I got going, I became driven...like a crazy woman. I'd stick to a pace for a few minutes and then bump it up a few notches. Repeat that times 5 and you've got one heck of a progression run! I was spent at the end and drenched but I felt like I had conquered my day and all that was spinning in my mind.
Add to that my Julian Michael shred and I felt too tired to be worrying about things that I have no control over. All I can do is feel loving compassion for those who are struggling.
But for those in my life who are struggling, these two (not so little) boys seem to make an incredible difference in their world. My dad came into their Christmas program completely stressed and uptight. I watched his shoulders relax, let out a sigh and a smile cross his face as he watched his two boys. They just make everything better.
My sister is in the midst of a tornado. She drove 3 hours, just to get a breath of fresh air from them. (She likes seeing us too, but these boys are HERS). They made emotional deposits for her, helped her to laugh and reminded her of what is REALLY important in life...family and love without boundaries or limitations. These two boys put a sparkle back in her eye. They couldn't get enough of her and she of them.
Ahhh love those runs!
ReplyDeleteSounds like two very special boys you have there. Enjoy the holidays with your fam! :)