Monday, December 19, 2011

Year-End Questions for 2011


  • Miss Zippy posted about our 2011. After yesterday's lack of confidence post, this one is just what I need to remind myself of all the joys of running. And yes, I AM a RUNNER! :)
  • Best race experience? Eugene Marathon in May. I felt strong, confident and I qualified for Boston with time to spare. I never hit the wall, I managed my time and I felt like I could've kept going!
  • Best run? In August, I participated in the Spokane to Sand Point relay. My friend Amy and I decided to run our legs together because it can be really scary in the middle of the night. It was the BEST 10-miles.
  • Best new piece of gear? Mmmmm....I'm really loving my Touch Chick shirt! I love my compression pants. Hard to say.
  • Best piece of running advice you received? Run and follow your heart. You'll know what to do.
  • Most inspirational runner? I can't pick one! I have so many real and virtual runner friends that inspire me for different reasons and different times. I have to say though, my dad is a runner and he has never doubted me. That's pretty inspirational!
  • If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? A year of exciting travels and newfound balance.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along! I love that your dad is a runner, too. What a great thing to share! Here's to a great 2012 (and Boston!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great uplifting post! What a year. Next year will be even better. Boston, we are coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dad being so inspiring for you, that is awesome! I try so hard to be there rooting for my kids, I know this is so special.

    Woohoo for Boston!! :)

    ReplyDelete