You know how some days you put your running clothes on in the morning in hopes of getting a run whenever you can? Well today I had my running clothes on all day, but for a different reason.
I had to take the dog to the vet early this morning, so I planned a run with my friend Lori for right after the drop off. I was so happy to run with her and visit. And it was a bonus to have my run done EARLY!
I got home, surfed the net, cooked the boys breakfast and enjoyed many cups of coffee. That's what teachers do on vacation, right?
Well, then my mom called and wanted us to come see something she was going to buy (a hot tub!). In the car we go...in my running clothes. (I had on my famous mismatched socks today and sported them happily!)
We get home, get my husband ready for work, the heater company comes for a maintenance call, and the boys each have a friend over. I get an upsetting email from a friend and end up having a very disturbing disagreement with a her. Then I had a more upsetting phone call from my sister. I was beside myself with agitation, so I went down to the treadmill and just busted out 2 miles....balls out. Sweating, singing and letting the agression fly. I played games with the kids, folded laundry and talked with the vet.
The boys and their friends were going a little bizerk. Rather than micro manage them I decided I to let them watch a movie and that I would just go down and do my Jillian Michael shred (parenting 101).
I kind of feel like I worked out all day! I certainly smelled sweaty all day! And now, showered, dinner, dessert and a long talk with my parents and I feel exhausted. Ready to hit the pillow as soon as the boys go to bed.
I think tomorrow, I'll just go for a run!
What a day! I'm jealous, though. I spent the whole day shopping (with ornery baby in tow), then shuttling kids to/from their activities, and baking up mounds of cookies. No run for me today. Now I'm crashed on the couch watching Holiday Inn. I sure do love Bing Crosby! :)
ReplyDeleteThank god for that pink treadmill!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like one of those days for sure. I hope all turned out well in the end!
ReplyDelete