Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Inspiration....


I love that everyday when I come into school, I am greeted with these simple stickers!

As I am reminded of the strength of each one of these women, I think of all that I want to accomplish for that day and the days to follow.

But one of the BEST joys is watching my students look at my inspirations.....because they are becoming THEIR inspirations. These stickers have brought up LONG conversations....

"Do you know all those people, Mrs. Carpenter?"

"Not in person, but I know their values and they inspire me."

"How is that possible?"

"Because they journal and share their highs and lows."

I don't tell them that the blogs you write are for the whole world to see...I like to think of them as a little more personal than that. :)


I also love Runner's World quote of the day. I always make a point of printing out the ones that really stick with me. And yes, they are starting to STICK with some of my students. When they come to my desk, I can see them reading the quotes. I've been lucky enough to talk with so many of my students about how these quotes can guide them in school, home and life.

I love sharing with them successful runs and sharing some of my own inspiration. Hot, cold, dry or wet....I get out there and get the job done and it makes me feel GOOD.

But I'll admit, my biggest inspirations (and fans) are my family--husband, kids, mom, dad and sister. Running is a family affair. Setting a goal and meeting it are what we do. Pushing ourselves, doing what's right and being positive members of society are a priority. I feel lucky to wake up each day next to a man who is a walking inspiration to me....strength, humility and living in the moment....he keeps me grounded. I feel lucky to spend each day with two boys who I want to watch grow up and do great things. I hope to show them healthy lifestyle choices and to be a grandma still running marathons at 80!

And then there are my friends who inspire me on a daily basis. It's like winning an emmy....too many people to name. New and old running friends. Women (and men) who do amazing things on a day to day basis....push 3 kids in a stroller, go to Bootcamp, follow the 12 steps for AA, run every morning at 5, run through injuries, show incredible mental strength...the list goes on and on. I feel fortunate to be surrounded by such driven, real and inspirational people.

6 comments:

  1. Michelle. You're amazing.
    This has made my day & today has been a no-blog low but thanks to this post I will be blogging it tomorrow. The lows somehow make those highs even sweeter.
    Thank you for this.
    Thank you for being an inspiration.
    Thank you for being so caring, kind & thoughtful.
    You are the reason for one of the biggest high moments in my life.
    I. Thank. You. My. Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so consistantly positive. I love how genuine you are. If I am lucky enough to help encourage YOU, I am a blessed girl indeed!

    Thank you for letting me into your life to share with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on!!! Love the blogs and thier authors!

    Wait... Did you win the treadmill last year from the Y?! Dude now THAT'S good karma! Oxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too sweet. It's comments like this that totally make my day/week/year! You are pretty inspiring yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great dose of inspiration and positive energy to brighten my morning!

    You inspire many yourself, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love stuff like this! i post motivational quotes around and look for daily doses of inspiration to get me through.

    ReplyDelete