Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Treadmill Comedy Hour....

Seriously....do you ever have one of those runs where NOTHING goes right?
Today was that day.
My run on the treadmill felt more like this...

First, I step on the treadmill wearing a pair of shorts that are really flimsy around the waist. I kept having to pull them up and it was driving me crazy. So I figured...what the heck...it's my basement, I'm alone, I'm ditching 'em. Yep.....the full moon was rising on the treadmill tonight.

I start running again. I realize that my hair is going to be an issue. When I run outside I have been wearing a hat or a visor. But since I was inside, I didn't put anything on. (I just got my hair chopped off so I'm still figuring out what works best) So, I stop again. The Christmas wrapping paper box was right there so I just grabbed a velvety ribbon strip that I had in there and tied my hair back.
I start running again. My stomach starts cramping. I NEVER get GI issues. But today, a friend went and got lattes. I had one around 3. I was running at 4. My stomach was NOT happy. In fact, 3 times my stomach wasn't happy. Thank gosh there is a bathroom right next door. And hey....the visit was quick because I didn't have a lot....er, I didn't have any wardrobe to deal with.
I start running again. Jacob comes downstairs with the phone. "MOMMA!!!!" And in all actuality, that was really all he had to say about it. I don't think there is much that shocks my son. The phone was Michael. I had to stop and talk to him since we hadn't seen each other today. I had a late meeting and he had already left for work when I got home.
To save my sanity, I ran the last mile at a fast pace.
Sometimes a run is just a run. Today's was full of comedy.

4 comments:

  1. No you didn't!!! You ran in the 1/2 buff!!! That is awesome!!! I cannot stop laughing!! I mean the GI thing, not funny but not having any bottoms on makes it a bit on the hilarious side!!!!! Your poor kiddo, i wonder what in the world he thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I could NEVER do a latte an hour before a run!! Glad you made it to the b-room in time, or I'm assuming you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cool! I love how you just run no matter what the obstacles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you are killing me!!! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete