There will be plenty of pics to follow and a day by day break down, but I want to put a few thoughts down before I forget!
*I have great kids. Ok....I probably won't forget that, but seriously, no fights, no meltdowns, no whining, no complaining. They were GREAT! Jacob even fought off a cold while we were there but kept on trucking even at his worst.
*My husband rocks. He is so easy going, loves to be with us and my parents and savors all the little things.
*My parents make even better grandparents. My kids adore them. We look up to them. They gave us the best Christmas gift ever!
*I didn't run AT ALL! It's shocking I know, but before leaving I was feeling really burned out and stressed about starting training for Boston. I did exercise though...I got up with Michael in the mornings and walked, we walked ALL day at theme parks and I rallied at night with Jacob. I was "there" for my kids without throwing in a run and I am HAPPY about that. Plus, I ran today and it was GLORIOUS. I came back feeling excited to put in those long miles through the hills here.
*I ate great while I was there. It was easy to avoid the gross food and there were lots of healthy options. SOOOOO, I made sure to have ice cream every day to balance things out! Hee, hee.
*I'm refreshed, excited and relaxed. Let the holiday season begin.
It's good to put running aside for a bit isn't it? Makes it fresh and new again.
ReplyDeleteLove all the LOVE in this post Michelle!!
Awesome!!! I'm so glad you had fun and good for you for taking the week and spending quality time with your family. The break from running was probably really nice! Enjoy the holiday season, such a fun time of year.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fabulous trip!!
ReplyDelete