I very loosely planned out my training plan for the upcoming half marathon and marathon.
I wrote down the amount of miles I wanted for me long run each week and was purposeful in increasing, knowing when to pull back a week and then increasing some more.
Today, I went out for my run. I was only supposed to go 4. But I got this wild hair to just do 12, which isn't scheduled for another week. I've had 3 weeks increasing, so this was supposed to be an 8 miler long run week....on Saturday.
I argued with myself for about 5.9 miles.
I could've gone 12, but the point was, I shouldn't go 12....yet.
So I found a happy medium and went 6.
I know I need to be patient and build my mileage carefully and responsibly so that I don't get hurt.
I have to stay committed to that.
Plus, between these two little love bugs....
I am getting quite the extra miles in. Walks in the morning, training in the afternoon and walks during the evening. Having a puppy is a lot of work, but she is completely worth it.


Thanks for the nice comment on my tri post. Love the puppy!
ReplyDelete