Sunday, July 6, 2014

It's A GIRL!!!

When Michael and I got married, I had two girl names picked out for when we were pregnant....
Jesse and Kacie.
We had two boys.  ;)
But, I now have my TWO girls!!!!
Jesse was rescued from a liter of puppies.  We watched her mature until she was ready to come home with us.  About two weeks ago, Michael said there was a guy at work who had a daughter who had a dog that she was neglecting.  It had been locked in a 3 X 6 kennel for over a year.  He really wanted to go look at her, although I was less than interested.  However, after seeing her living conditions, there was no way I was leaving her there.  It was awful.  
Anyone who knows Jesse knows that there are not many other animals she loves and would like to eat most of them.  She is fiercely loyal to her family.  So, I was very stressed about bringing in a pup.  Here we are, 3 days in and we've only had two brawls  (one when they first met and the second over a shoe that neither of them should have had).  Lucky for us, Kacie is very passive.  She is skittish.  And we've worked very hard to acclimate her to us, the yard and then finally the house.  Each day gets better and she is learning manners.  She has definitely found her pack.
I told my dad I was giving it two weeks....
As he said, it only took two days.  
We brought her home, bathed her, treated her for fleas, brushed her, brushed her and brushed her some more.  She is looking better day by day.  So, welcome Kacie...a full Chesapeake bay retriever.  
The pics are in order from when we got her to today....
So stressed--could not stop panting.  Looking a little rough still...no bath yet.

After the bath, a good walk.

Learning to hang with her pack.  She got a pretty new collar too!

Finally starting to relax.

Even the 3 legged cat has accepted the new addition.

Content.

During fireworks.

Welcome home, Kacie.  We love you already!!!

1 comment:

  1. OHHH this makes me so happy. I wish I could have a house full of rescue pups. It is so heart-warming to see her getting more and more comfortable in her forever home where she is safe and loved.

    Our girl Marlowe hides anywhere she can during fireworks too. Makes me sad to think of other times when she may not have had somewhere safe to hide. But now she does. :)

    Congratulations on your new addition and enjoy every minute! XOXO

    ReplyDelete