Thursday, July 10, 2014

Back to Training!

It's back to a training schedule.  
Crazy!  
But, this time, I'm looking at it all differently. 
The only thing on my schedule are my long runs, so that I ensure I increase my mileage appropriately.  I love my running/workout schedule right now, so I will continue to embrace those things.  I am not running with ANY (I repeat, ANY) time goals.  It makes it hard because I am driven by pushing for speed.  Oddly enough, I'm finding that it takes an equal amount of discipline to maintain an "easy" pace.  I have to.  I noticed when I got into the 8:xx's yesterday, that same, familiar twinge was back in the ol' crotch.  9's are my happy place. And that is where I shall stay.  I'm even guessing that 10's are going to become my friend when I head back into double digits.
At this point, I've got two training runs in the books....a 6 and an 8.  Next Wednesday, I'll go for 10.
While I've got my relentless band on my left side, I've add this unbreakable ring to the right side.  Good reminders to keep me balanced through this cycle.




No comments:

Post a Comment