Sunday, August 10, 2014

Fabulous at Fifty

Seriously, there are a million reasons I love Michael.
But today, on his 50th birthday, we will list 50 reasons why we love him....(from his boys too!)

1. From the moment I met him, he made my heart race...in a good way...and 20 years later at age 50...he is the sexiest man I know!
 
2.  He is the best, and I mean BEST dad...loving, patient, honest, kind...to all of his boys who he balances out different relationships with.
 
3.  He is an incredible son-in-law...did I say loving, patient, honest, kind?  Yes.  All of that.
4.  He is quiet.  Now, I say that with a smirk.  Because to those that he REALLY lets know him...he is anything BUT quiet! Mr. Chatterbox.  However, it was the quiet voice that swept me off my feet and kept me coming back for more of that southern drawl.
 
5.  I love his fingers and toes.  Of course, I love everything in between too, but he has the best hands and feet...not ugly man features...handsome, model studly features.
6.  He can repeat any line from any movie.
7.  He has a sense of humor....albeit warped at times...it is a hit with his boys.
8.  He never lies.  He has always told the truth.  And if it is hurtful, then he just won't say anything.
9.  He owns his past, but does not let it define him.  Let's just put those 20's aside!  Hello 30's...they got better.  Hello 40's...yep, we loved those!  And 50's?  Wait and see!!!

10.  He has a heart of gold...caring and giving.  He often teases me about wearing a cape...trying to "save" people.  But at the end of the day, he is the one who selflessly gives.
11.  He takes his job as a dad seriously.  He worries about his children relentlessly but is the strong constant they know they can rely on.  Not like a mom...they've all got those, but as only a dad can be to his sons.

12.  He loves to tinker...to have something to fix, work on or improve.  I love watching him.

13.  He is a great brother and son....for all that these Carpenters have been through...at the end of the day, he loves his family.

14.  He holds no resentments.  I have learned so much and gained so much peace from him in this department.  No resentments.
15.  He is a hard worker.  Reliable, diligent and trustworthy.
16.  He would rather say nothing at all than to get in a battle of useless words with someone.
17.  I love that his perfect day is being with his family.



18.  I love that he is always dreaming big.
19.  His biggest priority his keeping his family safe.
20.  He supports my craziest ideas.

21.  He supports my big mouth and helps me reign it in, even when he knows that I might be right.  He has helped me to see that sometimes things work themselves out without one single word.
22.  He is a southern gentleman.

23.  He loves dogs.

24.  He loves the outdoors.

25.  He still holds the door open for me, opens my car door and holds my hand--and will take crazy pictures when asked!

26.  He kisses me good morning and good night.
27.  He says "I love you" often to all of us.  
28.  He hugs his boys.

29.  He models what a good man is to his boys.

30.  He loves a good home cooked meal.

31.  He has traveled the world...he likes exploring...but there is no place he would rather be than home.
32.  He makes his kids laugh.

33.  He loves to go fishing.
34.  He loves to go shooting.

35.  He has the best smile and most hearty laugh.

36.  He loves his in-laws, Nik, Nana and Jenn.
37.  He loves chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream...but dinner first.  Never wait for dessert.

38.  He has always been independent and self-reliant...not only because he had to, but because it is who he is.

39.  He keeps a meticulous yard.
40.  He enjoys the art of keeping a clean car...inside and out.

41.  Laying in the front yard is one of his favorite past times.
42.  He loves to play in the sand.

43.  He is not a fighter.  He doesn't use his size as a "tool". 
44.  I love him because I can't count the number of times he has helped someone in my family or circle of friends without so much as a grimace.
45.  He has some great stories of times with his brothers and military friends that always bring a special twinkle to his eyes.  He is a loyal and forever friend.  And he was "that" friend, who would do anything.

46.  He always makes the bed.
47.  He hates to fold laundry, but I do love that quality about him...it is his one aversion.
48.  The man can iron!
49.  He loves to workout.

50.  But most of all, we, his family are so thankful for him because he loves us all with all of his being.  No matter what the day, there is never a doubt of his devoted and committed love.

No comments:

Post a Comment