Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hoping for the Best...

I'm not going to sugar coat this, because I'm not feeling very rosy right now.
I've got an MRI scheduled for Thursday. All signs lead to a fracture in my lower pelvis. Went to doc today and talked to physical therapist tonight. The pain in my hamstring was never the actual "injury". The hot spot is actually my groin and inner pelvis (let's just say crotch, shall we?), but those lead to pain in your hamstring.
I know that I can't worry about what I can't control.
I know that I've got options.
I know to hope for the best.
But right now, none of that is making me feel better. I put on my big girl smile and positive attitude. Tears are only about 1 cm away at any moment. It seems like such a simple thing...running. That is all I want to do and I'm just so MAD that I can't.
Well, I should take that back. I did run yesterday because I was so upset and so mad at my body. And yes it hurt physically, but it felt so good mentally. That may be the course of my running until Boston. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle, I'm so sorry to read this. Keeping EVERYTHING crossed and sending all of my good vibes to you in the hopes that this is something LESS serious. {BIG HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! So sorry! Kudos for trying to stay positive, though. You are strong and determined, and this will all work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossing my fingers for you, goof luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! Really hoping you are in the clear and that it's just soft tissue. Pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I get older and have those aches and pains these thing cross my mind but to say I understand how you feel is a stretch. But I will be praying for you. I know what you want is a healing but I'll pray for strength no matter what the news brings. Remember there is always a reason even if we don't agree with it at the time. Huge hugs sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so sorry to hear this! Had an MRI last week and I have a mild bulging disc and disc desiccation. This has changed my whole year but I know I will get better. You will too! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I am sorry to read this. Hang in there. I hope your news isn't all bad. Take care of yourself. Do something you can do that you enjoy. Read? Watch a movie? Eat lots of sweets? Whatever it takes.

    ReplyDelete