Today was Nicholas' holiday program. He insisted on getting himself ready. He showered early this morning, did his hair and picked his clothes out. Funny thing is that he picked out this shirt, which I LOVE, but he had camo pants on with it! Only our Nicholas! I did put in a small request that he change his pants. He nicely put on jeans. I was good with that.
I look at that face up above and I just think what an absolutely beautiful child he is. Soft skin, gentle features and gorgeous blue eyes, thanks to his grandpa Carpenter.

He actually sang in his program today. Not loud, but I could tell he was trying to do his best. He even did the hand motions. But I was a proud momma because he has manners like nobody's business! There were some nutty kids sitting there and he was an angel. Flat bottom, hands in his lap and always listening to whomever was performing.

This pose was his choice. As I watched him today, I thought about just how much he is like his father. So gentle and quiet. Nicholas' silence is what typically attracts people to him. They feel this need to dig for more. And they're right...there is so much to this little man...just like his dad. But, you only get it if they trust you and that doesn't come easy! I like that in these boys. He has a tender heart and reminds me quite often that he is still and will always be my baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment