
I've been weepy today.
Not sad weepy. Not happy weepy. Just overflowing with gratitude, love and emotion weepy.
I started the day weepy by waking up to having my sister snoring on the couch. That girl can sleep anywhere. She is going through such a tough time right now, but it is one that she must do alone. All I can do is hold her hand. She needs me, but only for gentle guidance, reassurance and these 3 men (Michael, Jacob & Nicholas) who love her dearly. Those were happy tears to have her here, sad tears knowing she is hurting.
I got weepy on my run today. The sun was shining, music was jamming, Jesse was prancing....geesh, how lucky am I! I live in a beautiful town. I am fortunate to have two legs that are about to help me accomplish yet ANOTHER running goal. I am healthy, I am alive, I am balanced.
I came home and had a long conversation with Michael. Yep...got weepy. I feel so fortunate to have a husband who wants to do nothing more than provide for his family. We have been faced with so many obstacles in the last year and we faced them together, with our heads held high...never boastful always humble. We carried no resentments to the past, didn't try to predict the future, we just lived day by day....always knowing that at the end of the day, we had each other, our children, our family, our friends, our home and our health. Really, what else does one need? And the conversation? Well, it wasn't about anything important. We were just catching up on visiting with each other.
Went to Jacob's holiday program today. W-E-E-P-Y. So grown up. And not only my child, but watching my students. My heart hurts so much for some of them. Yes, they infuriate me, but they are a unique group of kids. And then, my sister had to leave. Ugh. Total weep!
Got home and pictures of Renee's kids were on the counter that had come in the mail. Broke my heart. They look a little lost, a little in shambles, just not the way they would look if their mom was alive. I miss my dear friend and I hate cancer.
Took the basket of gifts to the YWCA. Speechless. Inside, I was just so glad it wasn't me there. Outside, I was glad that I have surrounded myself with such loving people who just gave & gave & gave. And wow--the questions my boys had. It was a great learning experience and very painful to explain. What we've faced is nothing in comparison to what these women have to brave.
But tonight...well, tonight, I was weepy for a good reason. I went on a date with Jacob to the Nutcracker and he loved every moment of it. So did I! I forgot how much the symphony can move a person. The music was absolutely magical. Jacob loved how it told the story with no words. He loved the ballet. And can I just say...those ballet guys have got some BAD ASS legs! Wow! It makes me happy that he wants to spend time with me. It is a gift to be able to provide those opportunities to him. And it is exciting watching these boys grow up.
So, it's been a weepy day. I think it is just the magnitude of all of these feelings. They aren't little. They feel big. I realize the need to be thankful for the little stuff. My cup is overflowing with blessings...I hope that I am able to pay those forward.Not sad weepy. Not happy weepy. Just overflowing with gratitude, love and emotion weepy.
I started the day weepy by waking up to having my sister snoring on the couch. That girl can sleep anywhere. She is going through such a tough time right now, but it is one that she must do alone. All I can do is hold her hand. She needs me, but only for gentle guidance, reassurance and these 3 men (Michael, Jacob & Nicholas) who love her dearly. Those were happy tears to have her here, sad tears knowing she is hurting.
I got weepy on my run today. The sun was shining, music was jamming, Jesse was prancing....geesh, how lucky am I! I live in a beautiful town. I am fortunate to have two legs that are about to help me accomplish yet ANOTHER running goal. I am healthy, I am alive, I am balanced.
I came home and had a long conversation with Michael. Yep...got weepy. I feel so fortunate to have a husband who wants to do nothing more than provide for his family. We have been faced with so many obstacles in the last year and we faced them together, with our heads held high...never boastful always humble. We carried no resentments to the past, didn't try to predict the future, we just lived day by day....always knowing that at the end of the day, we had each other, our children, our family, our friends, our home and our health. Really, what else does one need? And the conversation? Well, it wasn't about anything important. We were just catching up on visiting with each other.
Went to Jacob's holiday program today. W-E-E-P-Y. So grown up. And not only my child, but watching my students. My heart hurts so much for some of them. Yes, they infuriate me, but they are a unique group of kids. And then, my sister had to leave. Ugh. Total weep!
Got home and pictures of Renee's kids were on the counter that had come in the mail. Broke my heart. They look a little lost, a little in shambles, just not the way they would look if their mom was alive. I miss my dear friend and I hate cancer.
Took the basket of gifts to the YWCA. Speechless. Inside, I was just so glad it wasn't me there. Outside, I was glad that I have surrounded myself with such loving people who just gave & gave & gave. And wow--the questions my boys had. It was a great learning experience and very painful to explain. What we've faced is nothing in comparison to what these women have to brave.
But tonight...well, tonight, I was weepy for a good reason. I went on a date with Jacob to the Nutcracker and he loved every moment of it. So did I! I forgot how much the symphony can move a person. The music was absolutely magical. Jacob loved how it told the story with no words. He loved the ballet. And can I just say...those ballet guys have got some BAD ASS legs! Wow! It makes me happy that he wants to spend time with me. It is a gift to be able to provide those opportunities to him. And it is exciting watching these boys grow up.
You have such a sweet family. And it's clear that Mom is definitely the Heart of your home.
ReplyDelete