Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31st, 2010

It has been a while since I last blogged and I've been on VACATION! How is it possible that I haven't taken the time to sit down and do this? Well, we've been busy doing so many other things!
On December 22, we celebrated our 15th anniversary. As this time of year comes around, the immense love I feel for Michael is honored. The depths of understanding that we have for one another is something I am deeply thankful for. We have been through so much together and there is no one that I would rather be on this journey with. This year, we went to a MOVIE. Yes, a real movie, no animation and no kids! We also smuggled in our own soda and snacks...we're no dummies! It was really fun. After, we went to dinner at our favorite pizza place and topped it all off with chocolate cake! Michael got me a really beautiful silver pendant that had Happy Anniversary engraved on it.
Christmas came and went so quickly, but this was by far one of the most exciting Christamases ever. The boys were beside themselves. Neither of them could get to sleep, both of them were up during the night and they were up EARLY! They loved what Santa got them, but one of the best parts was the true excitement on their face when Nana opened their gift. They had picked out and designed a blanket that had their pictures on it. Nana was so surprised and the boys were so happy that she loved it so much. They were also equally as happy to watch everyone else open gifts this year. They weren't in a hurry to rip into everything, they just savored the moment. It was great. Their big gifts were Nintendo DSi from us. An air hockey table from Nik & Nana. And new comforters and a boom box from Santa. They also got a bb gun which has been a ton of fun. On a side note, Nicholas got handcuffs in his stocking, and they were a HUGE hit! Bizarre what little gifts sometimes steal the show!
Running has been a huge part of my year. Although I've kept this blog to family related, I couldn't have done my runs without them. I met a lot of running goals this year and am really contemplating what I want next year to look like. I want to expand my horizons in regards to swimming and biking too. But, I also want a BQ (Boston Qualify). I know it is in my reach, I just have to be able to put in the time on some of my runs. We'll see. I haven't quite decided if this is the year for me to try this out. I have been so fortunate to be a part of a great group of running girls. And one of my dearest friends, Amy, is someone who I have enjoyed many runs with this year.
I love these three boys. I love the changes and bonding that they are all going through together. Each of them unique. I love that they have opened their hearts to new family. I am hopeful that in 2011, Michael will have the opportunity to have all 4 of his boys together. I know that would mean the world to him.







And at the end of this year, I am thankful for all that we have endured and celebrated together. I am one lucky momma. I have so much. I love reflecting back on this year, through the blog. It is a great little journal. I am blessed to have my parents so close by and for them to be such a vital part of our lives. I look forward to 2011. It is great to have no regrets, no resentments and an open heart. In our home, we don't make resolutions. We resolve to take this life one day at a time and to do the best we can each day.

It is my sincere hope that 2011 brings you joy, health, balance and growth.

5 comments:

  1. My favorite...the picture of your boys and your mom's face as she is opening their gift....THAT is truly the best gift. You can see in your boys eyes how much they love your mom...its almost a sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful post. It frequently amazes me, when I read your blog, to think about how far we've both come since high school. I love knowing that you are so happily married, and watching you be such a wonderful example of a mom and woman. I hope you have a terrific year, and I can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle!! Thanks for the comment. :)

    Sounds like you had a great year and a nice holiday. Good luck reaching your goals in 2011 and all the best to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, going out on a limb here but just couldnt help myself. Saw your comment on SUAR then I am pretty sure I saw you running the other day ( I was so jelalous;)) Just thought I'd informally introduce myself . About a month ago I registered for my first marathon in Portland. I'm so excited and nervous! There are a few cycling clubs here in ww but no runnIng clubs. Hmmmm? Anyway you go girl and get your Boston! And happy anniversary! John and I just celebrated 12 years on dec 19th. Who gets married in the winter ;)
    Cheers,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good 2010. Here's to a better 2011.
    Good luck getting your BQ this year. It's a mental thing - train the mind and the body will do it.

    ReplyDelete