As is typical of Walla Walla, January is dreary and windy! Lot
I have a lot of running shoes. These aren't even all of them. These shoes have carried me many, many miles. In fact, the total is close to 7,500 miles.
I had thought about not racing this year. That might not be in anyone's best interest....I NEED a goal. But, to accomplish a marathon, it truly takes EVERYONE being on board. After MUCH, and I mean serious conversations with husband, children and parents, I had the support from them all. So, I went ahead and pressed the button. I'm going to train for the Eugene marathon.
Now, this isn't your average training plan this time around. I know I can go the distance. But, I want to keep the pace and hit my current goal of qualifying for Boston. Yes, I need a 3:45:59 and NO MORE. I know that there will be tweaking to this plan. I know there will be days where someone isn't happy that I'm heading out the door. But I know I can. We're one week in and so far, so good. I'm training a little different this time...more purpose than usual. So, there may be posts about running coming up. Because it truly IS a family affair. The boys are looking forward to the weather warming up so we can go to the track for speed work. We're hitting the Y together once a week for swimming/spinning/weights. And everyone seems excited about the trip to Eugene. We always make marathon weekends an all out trip.
We are thankful that Michael has been kept on at his job, and although they haven't made him permanent yet, things seem to be pointing in the right direction. We have gotten a LOT of home projects done the last 3 weekends which has been great, because soon enough, the yard will be calling our names!
Good luck with your speed training! I'm going to be doing the Wenatchee relay with some friends in April. Baby steps . . ., but I hope to be up to your level someday. You're an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with your plan.
ReplyDeleteYou live in Walla Walla? I just love saying that name, lol. I live with my husband in Fort Lewis.