Thursday, January 27, 2011

Being Needed vs. Needy...

There are times in this house where I swear that everyone needs something from me. Needy, I like to call it. My patience runs thin on those days and I feel like I need about 10 extra hands. Those days really are pretty few.
But Jacob has been sick this week, and he has NEEDED me. I have loved it. He is always a loving boy, but can be demanding. This week has been different. He just feels YUCK. Sore throat, head cold and terrible cough. On Wednesday afternoon he walked up to my classroom and just nestled into my arms... in front of all of the kids. He felt awful and only momma could make it better. There is nothing like that feeling. I enjoyed staying home with him and spoiling him and just "babying" him. Granted, once his brother got him, he had had enough of laying around and was ready to play hard with him. He insisted on going to school today, but was pretty puny by the end of the day. The boys made an elaborate plan in the car on the way home and I just let them go for it.
When we got home, they both took their showers...yes, at 4 pm. They pulled out the hide-a-bed and snuggled in. Nicholas was so kind to his brother...asking him what he needed and letting him choose what they watched. They got to eat their dinner there! (Life's simple pleasures). They were up and playing around 6. Got homework done and did some drawing. Both went to bed early tonight.
I overslept this morning! We haven't been getting very good nights rest with Jacob up and down and coughing all night. Yesterday, I did a great interval/speed workout on the treadmill. So it was easy to take today as a rest day. I was supposed to go swimming tonight, but didn't want to drag Jacob out. I'll just flip flop it for Saturday's rest day. It's all about being flexible!

No comments:

Post a Comment