Friday, August 6, 2010

The Big Event...

A couple of weeks ago, I thought my 20 year reunion was the big event of my summer. And don't get me wrong, it was a blast! I saw so many people and loved sharing my husband with them. I realize that I look pretty good for my age and that hometown roots & friendships can just pick up right where they left off.
But, the Big Event was this....
My little sister getting married. And it still chokes me up just thinking about it. She looked beautiful and was so elegant. At that moment in time, she changed to a woman. Wow.
She married a wonderful man. As a treat to her, he had been taking "secret" salsa lessons. In the middle of their first dance, salsa music broke in and he showed his stuff. So, he wasn't great, but it was the thought that counted. Everyone loved the surprise, but Jenn loved it the most.
I loved being a part of her bridal party. From L to R....Amie, me, Jenn, Amanda & Lindsey.
The boys couldn't be happier about this day. They have waited with great anticipation to finally get to officially call Travis their Uncle. They've never been to a wedding, let alone a party and they were thrilled about both. They helped decorate, they danced, they cleaned up, they were perfectly behaved. But at the end of the night....
seeing the happiness on my sister's face was all that mattered.

1 comment:

  1. She is such a beautiful bride! I can still remember her trying to barge in on us in your upstairs bedroom in Walla Walla. Now I feel guilty that we didn't spend more time with her.

    Congrats Jenn! A guy who will publicly salsa dance for you is a definite keeper. :-)

    ReplyDelete