Another school year has arrived. The boys were truly excited to get back at it! That made it fun for all of us.
Jacob has Ms. Jean Tobin, whom I respect greatly as an educator and love as a friend. He woke up ready to go! Confident, excited and comfortable in his skin. He showered, ate, blow dried his hair and dressed in his favorite outfit. Backpack ready to go. He looked very grown to me.
Nicholas has Miss Colleen Chamberlain. I ran in the relay with her. He has been thrilled to have her. When I woke him up, he rolled over with a big ol' grin and said, "Is it finally a school day?" He too picked out his first day outfit, showered and was ready to get to school.
Neither of them wanted me to walk them to their classroom, which was a little bit sad. They wanted to head out to recess with their friends. They've been at Green Park their whole life, so it's not like they could possibly get lost, but there is just something about walking them to their room. I also have to say that it was rewarding and gratifying to watch them walk confidently out of my classroom into their "school world".
They were both exhausted after a great day at school. They even got out of reading because I just couldn't torture them with staying up another minute. Nicholas was in bed at 7:30 p.m. Around 10, I got up to go to the kitchen and found him walking circles in the hallway. When I nudged him toward his room, he told me "I'm looking for the ice cream." Only my son sleep walks and thinks of food! That's my boy!
They both loved their second day of school. Lots to learn, new routines, good friends and great teachers. I'll add pics tomorrow. Tonight was soccer practice for Jacob from 4:30-5:30 and then Nicholas had it from 6-7. Yikes. We're going to need some catch up rest this weekend! Hope so.
No comments:
Post a Comment