Friday, August 6, 2010

Busy Boys

We've kept these boys busy this summer. Fun little trips, big events and a lot of family time have filled our days. I'm ready for school to start, but I'm also trying to enjoy these final few days together because I know life is going to soon be busy. When we went to Spokane for the wedding, we took the boys to Silverwood. They love it there and as they get older, it becomes even more enjoyable for Michael and I. Jacob was just sure that he wanted to go on the fastest wooden roller coaster. I agreed to take him. While he didn't freak out, he didn't love it. When we pulled into the station at the end, he yelled to the crowd with his hands in the air, "People, you seriously need to reconsider this!" It was pretty cute. After a few rides in the amusement park, they were ready to spend the rest of their day at the water park. It was a blast. We all rode slides, hung out in the lazy river and played in the wave pool.
This week we have done a lot of hanging out in the pool and working in the yard & house. Next week is my relay race with my girls and then it is really back to the grind. Michael will be going to school during the morning/day and working at night. We have decided that it will be best for all of us if I skip the fall marathon in Walla Walla. While I really (really) want to, I know it is just not possible right now and I'm ok with that. There will always be a marathon. For the next few months, I'll just focus on running and cross training and focusing on a spring triathlon. Change will be good and I feel at peace that I can keep balance & harmony with my family being first. I think I might volunteer at the marathon. I've never done that and this seems like a good opportunity.
Nana is finally back from all of her trips. Both boys stayed last weekend. This week, they have each had a "singles" sleepover. It's fun to spend time with each one alone. They are great kids...even if I do want to eat them, most days!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of taking my kids over to Silverwood. The weather is so much more "summer-like" on that side of the state. But it is so stinkin' expensive! But it sounds like maybe it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, glad you guys are doing well. I am impressed you are ready to get back to work but I am sure with the boys older a set schedule is pretty nice. My mom is always ready too! I think you should volunteer for the marathon, you would be a huge asset to them and to the runners. I would love to see your face and hear your voice during the half:). Which Tri are you planning on doing? Dave and I are planning on doing more next summer but haven't decided which ones yet. Enjoy these next couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete