And they are making them all on their own! This week, the boys have decided....
1) how to wear their hair (Jacob on the shaggy side/Nicholas very clean cut)
2) what shirts to keep and what shirts to share (with someone else who needs them more)
This was thoroughly entertaining to watch them. The rule was that if one of them liked it, the other couldn't get rid of it. Really, they wear the exact same size, but there is an unwritten rule about what shirt belongs to who.
3) school supplies...the buying of (Jacob is red, black & white/Nicholas is blue & green) and then came the organizing of. I do have to say that Nicholas has NO organizational skills. He quietly stood beside Jacob and watched how he organized his things in his school box and binder. He did exactly his brother did. It was awfully sweet.
Nicholas has had to work on a ME poster for school, so we do a little bit every day. Today he got to the square that asked who is your hero/who inspires you. At first, he wrote down daddy. Then, he erased it, left the room and came back with a picture of Jacob. Yes, it was moments of brotherly love. Jacob was touched, Nicholas was happy to please his brother. It was brotherly bliss for quite a while. Have no fear however, there were tears tonight when Jacob wouldn't give up the remote (as per typical) and Nicholas proclaimed, "He is the worst brother! He ruins my life!" Ahhhhh.....
And, I have made the purposeful decision for the last two days, to run.
The first day out was very emotional. Many, many tears. I actually felt pretty good yesterday. Not so teary. Peaceful. Lots of thoughts about Saturday morning. Able to talk about it without breaking down.
Today, I was pissed. I ran hard. I sang loud. And I felt angry.
I read the obituary. I read more of the police report. It has left me feeling anxious. I wrote on the wall for Pattie and it did make me feel better. So many kind condolences. Not really in a talking mood today. The phrase "How are you?" takes on a whole new meaning.
Tomorrow, I'll run again. Long and steady...but this time...it's for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment