Thursday, June 17, 2010

Senitmental VS Hoarder

Mom and I have been preparing for a yard sale.
Nicholas has been very gung-ho about selling everything he owns in order to get a light-saber he has been interested in. So has daddy. They have to be watched because they'll sell the kitchen sink for a dime!
Enter=Jacob. As I have been putting things out, I have noticed that some of them have disappeared. Yep=Jacob. Things under his bed, stuffed in his closet and he did not contribute one thing from his room. Point in case...a camoflauge jacket that is 2 sizes too small. Twice, I had to get it from him. Granted, he didn't want to get rid of it because Renee gave it to him (our dear family friend that we lost to cancer). But, he just didn't want to part with it. I finally convinced him to give in. When I asked him why he didn't want to sell anything he simply responded, "You just never know when you might need these things."
I'm leaning towards sentimental with him though. Last week, Michael and I were telling him that when they were all moved out, we had big plans for their rooms. Jacob's eyes welled up with tears. He couldn't believe that we could even think of making his room into daddy's man cave or mommy's craft room. "But what if I want to come back to visit and think about my childhood?"
Yes, he's sentimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment