Michael mowing the front yard. Me sitting in my lawn chair, reading the paper.
Boys playing in the backyard. Laughing, banging, being boys. Sounds good to me.
Enter, Nicholas. Running around the corner.
"Mom, I need basil"
Me, "Why do you need basil?"
"Our mud stinks and we need to make it better"
Me, "OK, but only two leaves"
Screams of OOOOHHHH, GROSS! Enter, Nicholas. Running around the corner again, but this time he has mud covering his foot -- almost up to his knee. Both boys are laughing hysterically. Really, what I was seeing, was NOT that funny.
Me, "What's going on?"
Jacob, "We just peed in the back and made mud with our pee 'cuz we wanted to see our DNA. But it stunk, so we added basil and that didn't work, so I dared Nicholas to step in it."
Of course, Nicholas stepped in it. Why wouldn't he? All of this seems like a logical chain of events, right? And Michael wonders why I look exhausted at 7 pm every night.
Hilarious!! Sounds like your pee'ing boys would get along just great with my pee'ing 4-year old. (And I LOVE that they immediately consider the need for fresh basil in their "concoction. Brilliant!)
ReplyDeleteHAHAHHAHA! You just made my stomach hurt from laughing so hard. That is classic!! Something to look forward to I guess:). If you want to I would love to hear a race recap from you about the marathon. I know this is not a running blog but it is your blog and you should brag on yourself a little! Hope your summer is going great!
ReplyDelete