Monday, February 8, 2010
A normal day to remember...
I don't know why I feel the need to blog about this, but today was just one of those days where you look back and are happy where you are. There was nothing special about it, just good. Really it all happened after school. First, we had a family meeting about the level of responsibility that we expect to start seeing in the boys. They are good boys--responsible, helpful and caring. But, we decided it is time for them to be a little more self-efficient. Our talk went really well and for tonight, it seems to be a success. After visiting with Michael for a little bit, I took Jesse on a run. We saw a lot of people while we were out. Two friends running and a handful driving by. The boys got notes in the mail from our very dear friend Karen, inviting them each to their own individual date out with her. (She is like a second grandma to them). They were thrilled! After my run, I cooked dinner with my boys. We made a huge pasta salad and they cut all the veggies for it. While we were cooking our neighbor Tom came over and visited. He ended up staying to eat. Then mom came over to eat and walk on the treadmill. Dad called when he got home from work, so he came over to eat. Mom helped me get the kitchen clean while Jacob and I finished a lego house. Dad helped us with the last few pieces. They left and we settled in to do homework. The doorbell rang and it was our other neighbor Liz bringing us a plate of cookies. While we were visiting, our other neighbor called to let us know about some punk teenagers in the neighborhood. Things finally quieted down and we all watched the end of Shrek together. It was just a night where I was reminded how full our lives are. We are very blessed and my children are loved and well cared for. I hope that my children feel secure and loved and understand that their cup can overflow with love from so many places! I love that our house is a home to many.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This, my dear, is EXACTLY why I urged you to keep a blog! You would probably have forgotten this day by next week, but now you have it to treasure always. Thanks for sharing! I'm so glad to know that you are happy and surrounded by friendly people.
ReplyDeleteMichelle I love it! I can't believe you didn't tell me you had one. I love reading your postings because I feel like its going to give me a glimpse of what I get to look forward to in the years to come with 2 boys. I always wonder what it will be like when they are older and I am glad to know that you love it so much. I have a hard time with them getting bigger as I love this little boy stage (minus the potty training!). I see that you put Shut Up and Run on your follow list, she cracks me up! You might want to look at skinnyrunner.com as well. She is pretty funny as well and is a kick ass runner:) I am going to add you to my blogs now too. Keep writing!
ReplyDelete