Sunday, February 7, 2010

Haircuts by daddy...

I made hair appointments for the boys.
They were unhappy.
It was a desperate situation, they looked like rag-a-muffins, seriously.
Lately, I am chopped liver compared to daddy (and don't get me wrong, I like this new role, it has given me a lot of freedom). So, daddy chimes in and says, "I'll give them haircuts!" Great. Go ahead. Let's just see how this works out. (please note the sarcastic tone in my voice)
Much to my dismay, he waits until 7:30 pm on Sunday night. (note that I am even more unhappy at this point and am hoping for disaster)
Both boys settle in for their cuts. It was a little traumatizing for me, and they of course needed my help, but I tried to only be the photographer. They are definitely not top notch, but they are better, and that, I can live with. How, I don't know, but there was a lot of testosterone bonding going on. And for that, I am always thankful. I am slowly learning that "boy" timing is completely different than "mommy" timing--and I have to accept it. The way boys do things is completely different than the way mommy does things. Guess that's why I'm the mom and they're not.
Now, they are all laying in their underwear, eating bedtime snacks and watching The Simpsons. Ahhh....





2 comments:

  1. Hey, those are great cuts! Haircut time with Daddy around here means Dad pulls out the clippers and they all end up looking like they just came out of Boot Camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, we've been there done that...usually in the summer. We've also been blonde and red. But Jacob has been BEGGING me to let him "grow his hair out" so that he has something to comb. Nicholas of course has to follow suit. And Michael said I better let them do it now, in case they end up bald like him! :)

    ReplyDelete