Ahhh...every weekend should be a 3-day weekend. That extra day just seems to give you the time you need to "catch up".
My weekend started off with Michael delivering me roses and coffee to school. He never does stuff like this. It was so nice that he put all that effort into surprising me. That evening, I went out with my running friends for a little bit and enjoyed girl talk and giggles.
The next day the boys wanted to cook breakfast in bed for me. The problem being that I am almost always the first one up. I coerced them into simply being in charge of breakfast for the morning and they were good with that. We all did a quick pick up of the house and I headed out for a 10-miler. It was beautiful weather. The boys tinkered in the yard with daddy. We dropped them off at Nik and Nana's and then Michael and I headed to Costco. After Costco, we went to dinner at PF Changs. Normally, that wouldn't have been our first pick, but we had won gift certificates for dinner because we were two of the first 100 entries into the Seattle Rock N' Roll. It was good, but we had to sit in the bar and drunk people just aren't that fun. We came home and watched an X-Files movie. We used to watch that show every Friday night. We love it!
Sunday I had a card waiting for me! That is so not like him either! He even wrote such a sweet note and delivered it with a kiss. We had a nice and slow morning. Coffee, newspaper and breakfast. The boys came home happy as could be...full of stories of all the things that grandparents are supposed to do...let the kids stay up too late, eat too much and watch what they shouldn't! We enjoyed a rainy day at home together. Lots of lounging and Olympics.
Monday we did a deep cleaning of the house. We all got our exercise in for the day. The boys didn't play the Wii at all. Granted it made for a very loud house quite a few times, but it was joyful noise.
There's a Costco in Walla Walla!?!? Wow.
ReplyDeleteAnd what do you mean "drunk people aren't fun?" I beg to differ, especially if they're dancing like loony birds. :-)
No, we had to drive to Tri-Cities. :(
ReplyDeleteWell, correction, drunk people can be fun, under the right circumstances. We were "trying" to have a date...sometimes I think the way our two boys act, they are running around drunk! :)