The boys have kept me thoroughly entertained this week with their clever phrases. But, two stand out ones are the following:
1) I wanted to go the Y for an aerobics class. Michael was at school and mom was at a meeting, so I took the boys to the Active Zone. This was a first. It is a place for kids to go while their parents work out. They "say" it is supervised, but it is certainly not my kind of supervision. They did great and I commented to them that this would really help me out when I wanted to go to aerobics. Jacob quickly informed me that that would not be possible because it would "break nana's dream". When I asked him to explain, he told me that it was always nana's dream to take care of them and it is great when I have to workout at the Y so that she could have them. Sweet boy.
2) Our dear friend Karen picked up the boys on Wednesday when I had a staff meeting. She took them to the Red Cross with her to make a donation. Nicholas told her that he had 4 quarters at home from his teeth that he could give. Good boy.
These are the kind of phrases that a mommy loves to hold onto. (I happily forgot all the potty talk and testosterone that I heard this week!)
No comments:
Post a Comment