Today, I complained because the boys had been playing and it started to go south. I told them to separate and play quietly alone. They BOTH headed to the blue recliner in the family room. It seems to be the hot spot lately. Sometimes they like being in it together. Other times, it is just for the sake of fighting...who gets the chair! I can't figure why we have a 3,000 square foot house and there is only a 2X2 space that they both want to be in.
Funny as that sounds, tonight, the boys went into Nicholas' room to play. I had kind of been a less than patient mother today, so guilt drove me to his room to correct my papers. About 15 minutes later, as I looked around the room, the boys are playing star wars on the floor, I'm at the desk, the dog and Michael are laying on the bed and the two cats are sitting at the door. Somehow, we are all like magnets to one another. I know it is a good thing. I'm sure that in only a few short years, Michael and I will be chopped liver in their eyes. These are memories I want to hang on to...and I'll probably never part with that blue recliner.
Michael told me that last night he and Jacob were sitting watching the History channel together. He said that he couldn't believe that 9 years ago, he was sitting in the same chair with the same little baby sleeping in his arms, watching the History channel together. Yep...you'll never find that blue recliner in our yard sale.
I love the visual of your entire family comfortably crammed into one room, just for the sake of being together. Someday that is going to be such a treasured memory.
ReplyDeleteReading that made my day.
ReplyDelete