Yes, the pink lady will be arriving at our house THIS WEEK! I won it in a raffle! Woo hoo! A little history, first.Four years ago, my very dear friend Renee was diagnosed with breast cancer. Running became an outlet and a really good way to lose the baby weight that I had been carrying around. It started with a jog around the block and has carried me through two marathons. While Renee was fighting for her life, I was running. She would always ask how my run was and insisted I keep at it. I got a tatoo on my ankle of a running breast cancer ribbon that says "More than running, remembering." And I do remember. I remember that someday I may not be able to run, but today is NOT that day. When I enter a race, do a fundraiser or help to raise awareness, Renee is always in my thoughts. In the beginning of October, the local YMCA announced they would be raffling off for a pink treadmill. My mom and I were the first to buy the tickets! I bought the first two and she bought the next two. As it turned out, they didn't sell the amount of tickets they thought they would, so it felt like we were waiting forever. But every mile that was run on the treadmill earned a dollar towards breast cancer research, so you can't be unhappy about that. I got a call last week that I had won it! Michael and I teased every time we went to the Y, "Look at that guy on my treadmill!" or when it was icy in December, we commented how nice it would be to have my treadmill. It's awfully exciting! It is something I would never buy for myself (almost $8000) but it is something that I will use, enjoy and appreciate! And yes, my boys look good on pink! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment