Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve...



After a game of pictionary, showers and snacks the boys were CRAZY. Giggle boxes, bouncing off the couches (literally) and thrilled with the thought of being able to watch the ball drop...Michael and I looked at each other and wondered how we could possibly make it until midnight with these two zoo animals. But, that is why we are the parents...we realized that we could let them watch the ball drop on CNN -- live -- which meant 9 pm our time! Brilliance and technology saved us!
A complete look of relief came over Nicholas as he realized he didn't have to stay up any longer. The poor child can't stay up past 8:30 on most nights. A complete look of disappoint came over Jacob as he realized he didn't get to stay up any longer. We did let him stay up until 10:00. Then mommy snuggled with him in bed and we talked about resolutions. Jacob's top 3 were 1) stand still for one hour 2) eat a big bowl of cheetos and 3) be nicer to his brother. Yes...I'll take one out of three.

As 2009 came to a close, I took a chance to get a picture of my boys as the little angels they can be. Sleeping. Peaceful.
This year, I do want to take more time to breathe and enjoy the little critters that they are. Silly, funny, loving...I don't want to miss it. We want to continue to find balance, happiness and peace. We will focus on "accepting the things we cannot change, courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Serenity.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    Just wondering - is it a family tradition to go shirtless on holidays? (Remembering the Christmas 2009 picture.) My boys (and youngest daughter) would fit right in with your family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is just a family tradition -- period. If my boys could live naked, they would. :) I think it is my fault. When I was pregnant with them, I could hardly stand to have clothes touching my skin! If they could live in their underwear, they'd be totally content!

    ReplyDelete