He did it!
Thankfully, Lucy called me last night around 8:30 pm. Gave me a run down of their evening and then said, "Don't you want to talk to him? I knew you wouldn't call." I screamed, "Of course, I want to talk to him, but I'm trying to be cool." He sounded fabulous. Although they called this morning to see if he could stay for most of the day, I worked a deal with him, so that I could get the little stinker home for a few hours! He has perma-grin. Legos, wii, talking, repeat. He told me they stayed up "all night. Really mom, all night!".
And would you believe, the two brothers really missed each other. They are tucked into the recliner together playing wii. Giggling, chatting and catching up. Nana is going to take both boys to see Avatar today with Nels and his grandma. She's such a good Nana. Who purposefully sits in a theater for 3 hours? Only a grandma.
And with that, I'm off to do my Saturday chores. Michael and I will head to the Y for a big workout while the boys are with Nana. I feel very peaceful right now...all of us together in the family room. Life is good.
Yeah! Congratulations on making it through your first sleep-over. Reading your posts totally made me think back to the many "sleep-overs" we used to have (or at least to the many times I told my parents that I was sleeping over at your house). :-)
ReplyDelete