We have a lot of "planning" going on these days.
And while some might find it exhausting, I love planning things. It makes me know that we are always looking to the future while living today.
There are big things happening with our older boys. And it's funny planning with older kids because you have to guide, yet allow them to feel independent. I thoroughly enjoy it.
Our oldest, Timothy has big life changes taking place and it is a joy to watch him plan, plot and quite frankly, be nervous with the huge prospect in front of him. I just hope that he can/will pull the trigger. He is also thinking about coming out for his dad's 50th birthday.
Our middle, McKenly is coming out in June. It will be the first time he has ever flown. We've got a trip to Seattle, a baseball game for he and Michael (Red Sox vs Mariners), home to Walla Walla for a while and a camping trip to Lake Roosevelt planned full of boating, relaxing, fishing and hiking.
Nana's retirement is right around the corner and Michael is already talking about how to make the yard look spectacular for it. I see many weekends of yard work ahead.
While I'm planning my workouts each week because I have the half marathon this weekend, the duathlon in a month and the tri in a month and a half, we have also been starting training for Michael's half. It is fun to have a schedule in front of it and it is liberating to finally be a little flexible with a schedule. We used to let the training schedule drive our plans...not anymore.
We have 3 weddings this summer and Michael is going to be the driver for one of them.
We have started working on getting my niece to come out for a visit which would be a huge opportunity for her and the boys would be delighted.
We are going to paint the house this summer. Talk about planning. This is quite the chore we are taking on.
Planning meals, planning for homework, financial planning, planning around band concerts, and the boys seem to be in constant planning of their "social" lives. I like being the taxi mom. It is fun watching their independence. They thought I was kidding when I told them that no matter where they go, mommy will always know at least 5 people who are watching them. So far, I have been right. And the boys are always quick to tell me that I was right. Oh the joys of growing up in a small town. Sporting events, hanging out downtown and school functions. Someone always knows you! That's why we came here.
It's a fun time of life and we are savoring each moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment