Thursday, February 13, 2014

Personal Day...

Don't get me wrong.  I love my job.  I love my family.
But some days, you just need a personal day.
And that folks, was my day today.
It went a little something like this.....

After getting up and running 4 miles with my friend Lori at 5:30 a.m. and taking the boys to school, I headed BACK out for another 8 miles. Although windy, it was gloriously sunny!  You just can't pass up days like this!
 Then, it was time for Jesse to get a shower.  We're having guests this weekend and it had been a couple of weeks since she'd showered off, even though she tried to convince me that the snow baths she had taken were good enough.
Made a huge pile of laundry (which I'll spare you)...bed sheets, towels, sweatshirts and random socks that I found around the house.  Because every mom knows....laundry is an all day affair.  (And I'm happy to report that it is folded AND put away!)

Michael gets his lunch break at 10:30 a.m., so I surprised him with breakfast....
And he came home with a surprise for me...a yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies from one of the nice ladies at his work! The man knows me!
Then it was time to unleash my inner-maid.  I plugged myself in...
had moves like Jagger, sang like Katy Perry and had myself a fun ol' cleaning day!
Dusting, scrubbing, putting away winter stuff (yes, I'm THAT bold), mopping, vacuuming and anything else that got in my path!  Jesse would meaner in the room when my singing got
too out of control.

And I wrapped up my day with a handsome lunch date....my dad. 
So far, it's been a PERFECT personal day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment