Seems that I have some new traffic to my blog! That is wonderful. So much fun to share the trials and tribulations of life, running and teaching. Welcome.
I've been very smitten the last few days. And it's all good.
It's no secret that Michael and I are deeply in love. Goofy in love. Rainbows and roses, always? Heck no. But genuine, compassionate, respectful and honest....absolutely. As the boys grow up and Michael & I have more time together, just us, we love being together...still....that has never changed.
Besides this blog, I also keep a personal journal. I've done that since my Freshman year of college. Last night, I pulled a bunch of them out. It was a delight to read about the night I met Michael and how our relationship quickly blossomed. It was a whirlwind spring and summer for us. We were married that winter.
Reading those words of young love, I am so thankful that he still takes my breath away. He never misses the opportunity to kiss me. He knows my next move, often before I do. And he keeps us safe --emotionally and physically. I have the best husband in the world. He is an incredible father to all of our children. He is a wonderful son-in-law. He is our world.
Now, besides getting out my personal journals, I also got out my running journals. Oh man! That was SO MUCH FUN! Last year, with my injury, I didn't keep a journal. But I've started 2014 off with one. I'm not going to keep track of miles....rather minutes, activities and races. I've already got 2 half marathons on the books and 1 duathlon. I'm feeling so good about my running, strength work and eating. I am also focusing on mental health this year. I can not please everyone. And I have often found myself trying to be a band-aid to a situation. No more. This is the year where I strengthen all of me. I feel more peaceful, patient and confident than ever.
Professionally, I love my job. I've got my pro cert, my masters, and my national boards. I'm toying with my administrative credential or just working straight for my doctorate. That being said, I have no intention of leaving the classroom. That is where I feel I have the biggest impact for the children of our community. I have been asked to speak about resilience to our local alternative high school this quarter and I am really looking forward to that. I am also thinking about dabbling with teaching some classes at the community college during the summer.
Tonight, we celebrated my mom's 65th birthday. It was wonderful and we had time to count our many, many blessings....and start planning our adventures for this year. Here's to 2014.
Professionally, I love my job. I've got my pro cert, my masters, and my national boards. I'm toying with my administrative credential or just working straight for my doctorate. That being said, I have no intention of leaving the classroom. That is where I feel I have the biggest impact for the children of our community. I have been asked to speak about resilience to our local alternative high school this quarter and I am really looking forward to that. I am also thinking about dabbling with teaching some classes at the community college during the summer.
Tonight, we celebrated my mom's 65th birthday. It was wonderful and we had time to count our many, many blessings....and start planning our adventures for this year. Here's to 2014.



No comments:
Post a Comment