I'm back on a training schedule. Just for a couple of half's and a duathlon, but it sure is fun to have goals --daily, weekly, monthly in front of me and then to be able to cross them off. I love the feeling of anticipation and the feeling of accomplishment. This weekend, I'm hoping for two doses of double digits...a double digit run and a double digit weight. I've done quite a few 8 mile runs and am finally ready to push it into the double digits. I have had no pain whatsoever as I increase my mileage. I am not pushing myself on the speed however. And as for the other, I know my body and 99 lbs. is perfect for me. At 4'11" that is where I run at my finest. I have built up quite a bit of muscle over the last 6 months, but had some extra fat in places that is slowly melting away. My guess is that by this weekend, I'll see those two digits.
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
A Fire...
I definitely have a little spark in my step lately....in fact, some might call it a fire.
I'm back on a training schedule. Just for a couple of half's and a duathlon, but it sure is fun to have goals --daily, weekly, monthly in front of me and then to be able to cross them off. I love the feeling of anticipation and the feeling of accomplishment. This weekend, I'm hoping for two doses of double digits...a double digit run and a double digit weight. I've done quite a few 8 mile runs and am finally ready to push it into the double digits. I have had no pain whatsoever as I increase my mileage. I am not pushing myself on the speed however. And as for the other, I know my body and 99 lbs. is perfect for me. At 4'11" that is where I run at my finest. I have built up quite a bit of muscle over the last 6 months, but had some extra fat in places that is slowly melting away. My guess is that by this weekend, I'll see those two digits.
I've also had a great week mentally. Focusing on quiet time in the morning and evening...a true meditation. I feel peaceful, content and inspired. I am surrounded by positive, loving people. I'm writing more, on my blog and in my journal. I'm reading more each night and we've had some fabulous family time together. The boys are at an amazing age and we are simply savoring each and every moment. I am rarely on Facebook because it is just such a "false" sense of relationships. 2014 is starting off well. And in the words of my friend Amy, it's ok to take the first step, even when you don't know where the staircase may lead.
I'm back on a training schedule. Just for a couple of half's and a duathlon, but it sure is fun to have goals --daily, weekly, monthly in front of me and then to be able to cross them off. I love the feeling of anticipation and the feeling of accomplishment. This weekend, I'm hoping for two doses of double digits...a double digit run and a double digit weight. I've done quite a few 8 mile runs and am finally ready to push it into the double digits. I have had no pain whatsoever as I increase my mileage. I am not pushing myself on the speed however. And as for the other, I know my body and 99 lbs. is perfect for me. At 4'11" that is where I run at my finest. I have built up quite a bit of muscle over the last 6 months, but had some extra fat in places that is slowly melting away. My guess is that by this weekend, I'll see those two digits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I love reading the happiness & contentment in your words lately! And I can't help but say "Amen" to the analysis of Facebook. See why I never got an account? :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for noticing. I do feel lucky in life. Truly, I have nothing to complain about compared to what some people have to endure. I'd rather spread cheer than misery. (Although, I reserve the right to vent now and then!)
DeleteI'm enjoying some more formal goals and the whole crossing off things too! Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteNow that I feel back in the game, it's been great to get back to reading blogs like yours!
Delete