Sunday, January 12, 2014

Nailed It! and Other News...

I am happy to say that I nailed all of my workouts this week!
It certainly helped getting strength and core done at 5:30 in the morning 3 times a week, a run twice a week at the same time and a couple of evening visits to the Y with Michael.  I took Friday off and then completed my long run on Saturday.  Although it was REALLY windy, the sun was shining the whole time and the playlist the boys put together for me was awesome.  I had no pain during my run and no pain today!  Yahoo.  Today, I just went to the Y and got on the elyptical for an hour while Michael did his workout.

I think another thing that helped was Nicholas and I doing food prep last Sunday.  It made the week easy to manage for lunch, dinner and snacks.  We did the same thing today, so I'm looking forward to focusing on the things that matter this week and not what's for dinner!

In other news, I had a great week mentally.  Lots of journaling, focusing on positive thoughts, peaceful moments and modeling grace.  I was asked to speak at our local alternative school about resilience and I couldn't be more honored.  I have also started to mentor a few stepmoms who reached out to me and I just finished reading another great book.  The boys handled homework this week with maturity and independence (phew).  We've cut back on our overall electronics time at home and it has been great.
Michael and Nicholas are starting 4-H archery this month.  And today, Nicholas started his hunter's safety course.  It's funny, but Jacob has no interest in these things.  But, he loves watching them go and do it.  He and daddy have their own language and comedy hour going on most days.
This week, Nicholas officially became taller than me.  Jacob's jeans are at his ankles, but I told him tough....it's almost spring, he can start wearing shorts!  :)  Of course, he loved that idea.
So, we'll call week 1 training a success and look forward to week 2!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Being organized is so huge for me as well. I love having the meal plans all planned out and prepped at the beginning of the week .I find that all of us our happier when we have a meal plan and good food put into our bodies as well. I didn't know you were training again! That is awesome. What race? Dave said he "met" you at the Y the other morning. His comment was "I met Michelle, the camo lady, she is tiny!" Too funny what men say. I'm excited to follow your training. I live vicariously through you because I am taking the year (or 2) off from racing. I will still be running though. It is my happy medicine. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a terrific week. I make my lunches Sunday night for the whole week usually but not dinners. I'm a bit lame there.

    ReplyDelete