Sunday, January 19, 2014

Miles with Meaning

This week...another runner was tragically killed by a drunk driver...a doctor, nonetheless.  It happened on the East Coast.  Read here.

Yesterday, I read a fabulous article that touches the core of me as a wife, mother and runner.  I think it is things we all worry about.

So, my miles this week have had meaning.  I think of just how thankful I am to be able to get out and do something.  And how happy I am when I arrive home safely. 

Also, as I prepare to go speak at our alternative High School on Tuesday, it has caused me to reflect just how much running saved "me".  Not my life, persay, but it helped me to find ME.  It connected me to my inner soul like nothing else.  It has enabled me to love deeper, trust fuller and dream bigger.  The empowerment of a simple run (ok, so not the sucky ones) is mind boggling to me.

Yesterday, we were eating breakfast, talking about our week.  Michael mentioned to the boys that the professor from Gilligan's Island died.  We proceeded to talk about some of our favorite episodes.  Jacob pipes in, "what is Gilligan's Island"?  As we wiped the shock from our face, we promised to school him on it!  So, we watched Season 1 yesterday afternoon.  It was hysterical.  The boys even laughed...especially as they got into it more.  You never really realize how "risky" shows are until you see them through adult eyes.  Man, Ginger and MaryAnn hardly wore any clothes!!!

We are looking forward to our 3-day weekend and although we are not huge football fans, we've watched the last two weeks, so I'm guessing we'll be watching today too!  GO HAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment