Sunday, January 26, 2014

Genetics...

I think I've written about this before.  But, genetics never cease to amaze me.

Being with my boys (Jacob & Nicholas), I get to see parts of their dad and I in both of them.  (And let's be honest...the good AND the bad)  Hee, hee.

This weekend, I've talked to both older boys quite a few times and it never ceases to amaze me how much they are like their dad.  Both were raised in their mother's homes.  But the mannerisms and the things that they say can only lay in the hands of genetics.  It is CRAZY to me.  I'd definitely say a witty sense of humor is a clear Carpenter trait.  Both of them gave me great giggles this weekend and it was nice to chat. 

I got my 2 hour treadmill run done.  Not my favorite way to get time on my legs, but Michael really wanted me to go to the Y with him.  I was hoping to get in 12 miles and managed to get in 14 miles!  I was thrilled.  I was also nauceous for about two hours afterwards...I think I over heater, or I was dehydrated.  Regardless, it was NOT fun.   I feel great today and managed to spend 30 more minutes on the treadmill just to stretch out my legs.

I feel much more confident about my half marathon on the 22nd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment